Please note that we do not have the capacity to treat these types of emergencies:
- Trauma (major injuries from violent accidents)
- Emergency childbirth labor or miscarriage
- Major children’s emergencies
- Psychiatric services and emergencies
The closest children’s emergency room, provided by BJC HealthCare, is located at Missouri Baptist Hospital. It is staffed by Washington University doctors in partnership with St. Louis Children’s Hospital.
Our Emergency Department Facilities
We want you to be as comfortable as possible during your visit, which is why we offer:
- Privacy and intimacy: 7 private rooms and 3 bays for more personal attention
- Rapid test results: 24/7 availability for CT scans, MRIs, ultrasounds and X-rays
- Waiting room amenities: Free WIFI, TVs and vending machines
- Easy access and convenience: Ample, free parking available near the emergency department entrance
How to Prepare for Your Visit to the Emergency Room
If your emergency allows time for it, you may wish to consider the following tips before you arrive to make your visit go as smoothly as possible:
- Bring your insurance card, as well as a list of any medications you take, including the doses and phone numbers for the prescribing doctors.
- If you’re in pain, or anticipate pain after your visit, arrange a ride home.
- While we strive to make your visit as short and effective as possible, we also recommend you bring a cell phone charger and something to read.
Meet Our Emergency Medicine Leaders
Our Location, Hours & Directions
Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital
12634 Olive Blvd.
Creve Coeur, MO 63141
The Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital emergency department is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We are conveniently located just one mile west of I-270 on Olive Boulevard. Traveling west on Olive Boulevard, turn left onto Barnes West Drive. Ample parking is available near the Emergency Department entrance.
Get directions to our hospital.
For billing questions or to make a payment, visit our financial assistance and billing resources.
Contact Us Today
To speak with the registration desk in the emergency department at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital, call 314.996.8470.