If your knee has deteriorated due to an active lifestyle, arthritis or another cause, we can help get you moving again. Our highly experienced orthopedic surgeons perform hundreds of knee replacement surgeries each year and offer the most advanced implants and techniques available.
Why Choose Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital for Knee Replacement Surgery
If you’re contemplating joint replacement surgery, trust our expert surgeons to deliver personalized care in a comfortable environment. Our infection rates rank among the lowest in the region for knee replacement surgery, so you can feel safe in our hospital. Our program also features:
- The same care as elite athletes: Our Washington University surgeons serve as the team doctors for the St. Louis Rams football team and the St. Louis Blues hockey team. You can receive the same level of care for your knee as a professional athlete.
- Advanced pain management: Our surgeons use non-narcotic intraoperative injections for pain control. This means less discomfort for you and no side effects from narcotics.
- Low infection rates: We consistently rank among the best when it comes to post-op infections in the St. Louis region.
- Personalized knee implants: Our implants come in various sizes and in gender-specific versions. Your surgeon will recommend the best implant for you and your lifestyle.
- Minimally invasive approaches: Whenever possible, our surgeons use small incisions and don’t cut muscle tissue when they perform a total knee replacement surgery. This means less risk of infection and reduced post-operative pain.
- Private rooms: Your comfort is important to us. We want you to be able to enjoy peace and quiet as you recover from surgery.
- Post-op rehab in the same convenient location: You don’t need to travel far for your post-op care. Your physical therapist is located right where you had surgery. This seamless integration of care means better outcomes for you and your new knee. Learn more about our Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation (STAR) center.
- Convenience: It takes just a couple of minutes to get anywhere you need to go here. Along the way, friendly team members will be happy to help you get in and out fast.
We also offer comprehensive non-surgical options when appropriate. Learn more about our non-surgical hip and knee treatments.
DOWNLOAD A JOINT REPLACEMENT PATIENT GUIDE
Barnes-Jewish, along with our Washington University orthopedic physician partners, have designed a Patient Journey Guide to prepare you on what to expect before, during and after your knee replacement. You will be on this journey with a care team and encouraged to complete all recommendations to achieve the best outcomes.
Post-operative Care for Knee Replacement Surgery at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital
After you go home, we still remain dedicated to your care. In the unlikely event you experience a complication after your knee replacement surgery, our emergency room is standing by. No need to drive to an unfamiliar location and be seen by a doctor who knows nothing about you. Many of our surgeons respond personally to their patients in our emergency room. If they’re unable to, the physician treating you will be in close communication with your surgeon.
For more information about joint replacement surgery or to schedule an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon, call Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital at 314.542.WEST (9378) or toll-free 844.542.9378.