At Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital, we offer high-quality care for all types of shoulder and elbow conditions. When stiffness or soreness make your shoulder hard to move, our goal is to get you back your quality of life as soon as possible. We use both advanced surgical and non-surgical techniques to do just that.
Why Choose Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital for Shoulder and Elbow Treatment
We start with listening. Our expert orthopedists hear your concerns and your goals before they design a treatment plan just for you. From physical therapy to surgery, we will help solve your shoulder and elbow problems. Our care also includes:
- Receive the same level of care as elite athletes: Even if you’re not a pro hockey player, you deserve the same high-quality care. Our Washington University surgeons serve as the team doctors for the NHL’s St. Louis Blues. They will treat your shoulder and elbow problems with the same attention they give to the pros.
- Comprehensive non-surgical options: We treat shoulder and elbow problems with custom braces, physical therapy or cortisone injections before we recommend surgery.
- Highly qualified surgeons: If you need surgery, our surgeons have decades of experience in procedures, like complex rotator cuff repair and other procedures, to help you regain functionality in your arms.
- Personalized rehabilitation services: There’s no need to visit a separate facility for physical therapy. Our expert therapists at the Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation (STAR) center will design a program specifically for you. We specialize in both pre-op and post-op therapy to help you get well.
- Private rooms: Your comfort is important to us. We want you to be able to enjoy peace and quiet as you recover from surgery.
- Convenient location: This means less travel time for you. And once inside our hospital, you’ll find it easy to get where you need to go.
Learn more about orthopedics at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital.
Shoulder and Elbow Conditions We Treat at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital
Your shoulder or elbow problem may be due to injury or to a medical condition. We treat all of types of arm problems, including:
DOWNLOAD A SHOULDER REPLACEMENT PATIENT GUIDE
Barnes-Jewish, along with our Washington University orthopedic physician partners, have designed a Patient Journey Guide to prepare you on what to expect before, during and after your shoulder replacement. You will be on this journey with a care team and encouraged to complete all recommendations to achieve the best outcomes.
For more information about shoulder and elbow treatments or to schedule an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon, call Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital at 314.542.WEST (9378) or toll-free 844.542.9378.