Pain, especially if it becomes chronic, can disrupt your life and affect the people you care about. At Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital, our pain management doctors offer proven, nonnarcotic treatments that minimize the effects of pain on your life.
Pain Management: Why Choose Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital?
At our Pain Management Center, you receive care from Washington University physicians who specialize in managing and treating chronic pain. You benefit from our:
- Expertise in multiple fields: Your care team includes world-class experts, all with advanced training and board certifications in pain medicine. Our team is dedicated to bringing the latest scientific research breakthroughs directly to you.
- Comprehensive pain management: Our pain physicians specialize in nonnarcotic pain management using medications, injections, physical therapy and psychological therapy. If you need surgery, we work with the expert surgeons at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital in Creve Coeur or Barnes-Jewish Hospital at the Washington University Medical Center in the Central West End.
- Personalized treatment plans: We customize a care plan for you. Our team helps patients taper the use of narcotic/opioid medications and offers other pain management options for sustainable, long-term treatment.
- Fast access to convenient care: We can often see you within a week of your call. In many cases, we can provide same-day treatments, such as injections, at our location on the campus of Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital.
- Experienced nurses for follow-up care: Our registered nurses have years of experience in pain management. They can answer your questions and provide expert follow-up care. You can often get help via phone or our secure online patient portal, so you don’t have to come in for a visit.
Our Pain Management Doctors
Our pain management doctors at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital are all faculty members at Washington University, an academic medical center. Meet our pain management doctors:
- Lara Crock, MD, PhD
- Bakul Dave, MD
- Jessica Justmann, MD
- Kathleen Meacham, MD, PhD
- Sade Oladapo, MD
- Lesley Rao, MD
- Rajiv Shah, MD
- Robert Swarm, MD
- Xiaobin Yi, MD
Our Approach to Pain Management
When you come to Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital, you’ll find the care you need:
- Conditions we treat: We have experience in treating all types of chronic pain. Our approach brings together experts in pain medicine, anesthesiology, psychology, pharmacy, and physical medicine and rehabilitation. Read about the conditions we treat with pain management.
- Expert treatment: We focus on nonsurgical, nonnarcotic treatments to relieve pain and improve your quality of life. Learn more about our chronic pain treatment.
- Whole-person care: Physical therapy and psychological support address chronic pain and its effects on your life. You receive care to help you improve your ability to function at work or school and participate in the activities you enjoy.
Find out more:
Office Location at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital
Pain Management Center, a member of BJC HealthCare
1044 N. Mason Road, Suite L30
Medical Office Building 4
Creve Coeur, MO 63141
Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital is conveniently located just one mile west of I-270 in Creve Coeur, Missouri — a west county suburb of St. Louis.
Get directions and maps.
Contact Us for Pain Management
To learn more or to schedule an appointment with one of our physicians who specializes in pain management, please call 314.542.WEST (9378) or toll-free at 844.542.WEST (9378). You’ll need a referral from your physician to schedule an appointment.
Before your appointment, please download, print and fill out this new patient packet (PDF).
If you need to change or cancel your appointment, you can do so through MyChart or by calling your physician’s office directly. See our phone directory for additional phone numbers.
How to Refer a Patient
Referring physicians can call the Doctors’ Access Line at 800.252.DOCS (3627) 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can also visit our referring physicians page.