Chronic pain, pain that persists for three months or longer, can disrupt your life and everyone around you. The experienced physicians from Washington Univeristy and qualified nursing staff at our pain management center are here to help. Taking a holistic approach, we understand that the pain and its root cause can affect your entire body.
Primary goals of pain management treatment
- Decreasing pain
- Increasing mobility
- Diminishing dependency on pain medication
- Decreasing medical complications of pain
- Decreasing length of hospital stays and frequency of visits
- Allowing patients to be involved in their own pain management
CONDITIONS WE TREAT
- Abdominal pain
- Cervicogenic headache
- Degenerative disc disease
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Disc herniation
- Facet joint syndrome
- Failed back syndrome
- Hip pain
- Knee pain
- Low back pain
- Neck pain
- Nerve damage (neuropathy)
- Nerve pain (neuralgia)
- Osteoporotic and malignant compression fractures
- Pain due to cancer treatments
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Pinched nerve (radiculopathy)
- Sacroiliac (SI) joint pain in the low back and buttocks
- Shingles: post herpetic neuralgia
- Spine pain
- Spinal stenosis
Treatment options through the Pain Management Center
- Celiac plexus block injections
- Cooled radiofrequency ablation
- Discogram (discography) imaging test
- Epidural steroid injections
- Facet joint injections
- Intrathecal pain pump
- Medication management
- Pulsed radiofrequency
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Selective nerve root injections
- Spinal cord stimulations
- Sympathetic nerve block injections
- Ultrasound-guided injections
The practice of pain management allows you to minimize the effects that chronic pain has on your life. Learn how treating both the symptoms of your chronic pain as well as the underlying condition contribute to an effective pain management strategy.
Office Location at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital
Pain Management Center, BJC HealthCare
1044 N. Mason, Suite L30
Medical Office Building 4
Creve Coeur, MO 63141
Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital is conveniently located just one mile west of I-270 in Creve Coeur, Missouri — a west county suburb of St. Louis.
Get directions and maps.
Physician appointment changes or cancellations should be submitted through MyChart, or by calling your physician office directly.
For immediate assistance, please call 314.996.8000 for general information, or call 314.542.WEST (9378) for physician referral.
Find additional phone numbers here.