Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital offers outpatient medical nutrition counseling and support to patients with a variety of diagnosis, including: cancer, celiac disease and pre- and post-weight loss surgery (Bariatric surgery).
Our registered dietitian nutritionists are uniquely qualified to provide patients with the most current and medically-based nutrition information, as well as design nutritional and diet applications for a patient's specific health conditions. Our dietitians can also develop personalized meal plans; coach patients on healthy eating and exercise; help patients interpret food labels; and offer cooking tips, menu planning and grocery shopping guidelines.
Our outpatient Nutrition Counseling provides the following services:
- Nutrition education for pre- and post-weight loss surgery (Bariatric surgery)
- Comprehensive nutrition counseling for a specific diagnosis, including:
- Celiac disease
- Good Nutrition
- Gastric reflux disease
- High cholesterol and high triglycerides
- High blood pressure
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Short bowel syndrome
- Weight management (to lose or gain weight)
Scheduling Your Appointment:
In order to provide the best care possible, referral to any of our Nutrition Counseling services is coordinated through your physician, so a physician order is required:
- Physician Order for Nutrition Counseling (Non-Diabetes): Download a form for your physician to complete.
- Prior to your first appointment, have your physician fax your referral form to 314.996.3270.
- Nutrition Counseling Service Lifestyle Questionnaire: Click to download and complete at home to save you time at your first appointment.
Nutrition Counseling service is located on the campus of Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital in Medical Office Building One.
1040 N. Mason Road
Medical Office Building One, Suite 212B
Creve Coeur, MO 63141