The information acquired from laboratory testing plays a crucial role in the detection, diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital has the latest laboratory equipment utilizing automation for cost-effective performance. Our qualified staff provides efficient, accurate and reliable service that will assist the referring physician to care for patients.
Coronavirus Testing For Surgical and Procedure Patients
As an increased safety measure, some patients scheduled for surgery or other procedures at BJC HealthCare facilities might need to be tested for coronavirus (COVID-19). This will depend on the procedure being performed as well as the patient’s health and history.
Learn more about coronavirus testing for surgical and procedure patients.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR A LAB TEST
The majority of laboratory tests require no special preparation. Please check your patient instructions from the referring physician in case you are required special preparation prior such as fasting, avoiding certain foods or stopping the use of tobacco products.
Outpatient Lab Services - Campus locations
Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital
12634 Olive Boulevard
Creve Coeur, MO 63141
- Open Monday to Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Patient check-in: Enter the new hospital at the emergency room (located at the northeast corner of the building). Once inside, there is an information desk to your right. Ask to be directed to "Outpatient Lab and Pre-Surgical Testing" on the main floor — this is where you will check in for any labs tests.
Medical Office Building 3
1020 N. Mason Road, Suite 120
Creve Coeur, MO 63141
Phone: 314.996.3073 or 314.996.3074
- Open Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Patient check-in: Main floor, lab located down the hallway to the right of the elevators
Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital is conveniently located just one mile west of I-270 on Olive Boulevard, at Olive and Mason in Creve Coeur, Missouri, a west county suburb of St. Louis, Missouri.
Get directions to our hospital.
HOW TO SCHEDULE MY APPOINTMENT
No appointment is necessary, but you will need to bring the following:
- referral from your physician
- appropriate lab orders
All outpatient laboratory services on the campus of Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital are walk-in clinics.
For billing questions or to make a payment, visit financial assistance and billing resources.