You don’t have to compromise when it comes to urologic care at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital. Not only can you get the best tests and treatments from leading physicians, you can do so close to home and in a comfortable setting.
Why Choose Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital for Urology?
Expert urologists at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital bring world-class, big-hospital care to our community. In fact, patients from across the country come to us for targeted diagnosis and precise, minimally invasive treatments. Our program offers:
- Internationally recognized Washington University physicians: Physicians at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital aren’t simply up-to-date on the latest diagnosis techniques and treatment options. They also pioneer and refine innovative techniques, conduct medical research, and educate other physicians about the most effective diagnostic and treatment methods.
- Organ-sparing surgeries: Our surgeons are among a select group who perform kidney- and prostate-sparing surgeries for patients with cancer:
- Instead of taking out the entire kidney to treat a tumor, as most programs do, our surgeons only remove the cancerous areas for appropriately selected patients. The result: fewer side effects and improved long-term function. Learn more about kidney cancer and robotic and minimally invasive surgery at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital.
- For prostate cancer, we can use a special probe to freeze and destroy malignant cells for certain types of cancers; for others, we can remove the entire gland with a minimally invasive approach. Learn more about our treatments for prostate disease.
- Targeted prostate biopsies: We can find and treat prostate cancers that other centers miss. That’s because we are the first hospital in the St. Louis area with the technology and expertise to perform fusion guided biopsies. We superimpose MRI and ultrasound images to aim precisely at areas that may contain cancer. That accuracy allows us to conduct incredibly focused biopsies, minimizing the risk of infection and increasing the chances of appropriate diagnosis.
- Easy access to Siteman Cancer Center: Siteman West County, a satellite location at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital, brings the expertise, skill and treatments available through Siteman Cancer Center to the western part of St. Louis. Siteman Cancer Center is one of just 45 National Cancer Institute Comprehensive Cancer Centers in the United States.
- Convenient, comfortable environment: Access here is easy. Instead of fighting traffic, park in our close and convenient lot. Our hospital features private rooms, user-friendly signs and pleasant staff.
Urology Conditions We Treat
Each year, our physicians diagnose and treat hundreds of different urological conditions. Whether you are experiencing incontinence or have recently been diagnosed with prostate cancer, we provide you with comprehensive care. We specialize in treating:
Office Location at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital
Urology, Washington University Physicians
1044 N. Mason, Suite 230
Medical Office Building 4
Creve Coeur, MO 63141
Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital is conveniently located just one mile west of I-270 in Creve Coeur, Missouri — a west county suburb of St. Louis.
Get directions and maps.
Physician appointment changes or cancellations should be submitted through MyChart, or by calling your physician office directly.
For immediate assistance, please call 314.996.8000 for general information, or call 314.542.WEST (9378) for physician referral.
Find additional phone numbers here.