Surgical robots don’t perform surgery; surgeons do. Our skilled Washington University urologists use technology to extend their reach during surgery, achieve excellent outcomes and minimize healing time.
Why Choose Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital for Urologic Surgery?
The urologists at Barnes-Jewish West Country Hospital are known throughout the country (and beyond) for their surgical expertise. We offer the latest surgical techniques in a convenient, comfortable setting.
Patients come to Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital because we offer:
- Extensive expertise: Our urologists perform more robotic-assisted and minimally invasive surgeries than most surgeons in the St. Louis area.
- Organ-sparing surgeries: Our physicians are among a select group of surgeons who perform kidney- and prostate-sparing surgeries for patients with cancer.
- Internationally recognized physicians: Washington University physicians aren’t simply up-to-date on the latest surgical techniques. They also share their experience with other physicians at conferences, in medical journals, and in the classroom and operating room.
Robotic-Assisted & Minimally Invasive Surgery at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital
Our experienced urologists use robotic-assisted and minimally invasive techniques to perform many different surgeries, including:
- Prostate surgeries, including surgeries to treat prostate disease and cancer
- Kidney surgeries, including kidney-sparing surgeries to treat kidney cancer
Many robotic-assisted and minimally invasive surgeries are outpatient procedures, meaning you go home the same day. Other surgeries require a night or more in the hospital. If you need to stay overnight, you’ll have a private room, and family and friends are welcome to visit. Most people can resume their usual activities within two weeks.
Want to know more about how robotic-assisted surgery works? Watch this video featuring Dr. Sam Bhayani: