If you’re dealing with upper, middle or lower back problems, the pain can be difficult to live with. Our spine surgeons use both surgical and non-surgical treatments to help patients with back pain and regain function.
Spine Conditions We Treat
At Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital, our convenient location offers you comprehensive services from both expert neurosurgeons and orthopedic surgeons. We offer treatments for the following conditions:
- Ankylosing spondylitis: A form of arthritis that primarily affects the ligaments and joints of the spine, especially the lower back. As the disease progresses, it can cause a "hunchback" effect.
- Degenerative disc disease: Normal changes that occur to the disc in the spinal cord as a person ages.
- Herniated disc: A tear or rupture of a disc in the spinal cord that causes pain.
- Scoliosis: A curvature in the spine looking like an "S" or "C".
- Spinal stenosis: A condition in which the spinal canal narrows and pinches the nerves, resulting in back and leg pain.
Physicians work closely with the Barnes-Jewish & Washington University Spine Center team, one of the largest clinical spine care practices in the United States. If advanced surgery is what you choose, the staff will work with you to ensure you have a streamlined experience.
If needed, Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital has a rehabilitation facility on campus. Learn more about our Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation (STAR) center.
Download a Spine Surgery Patient Guide
Barnes-Jewish, along with our Washington University orthopedic physician partners, have designed a Patient Journey Guide to prepare you on what to expect before, during and after your spine surgery. You will be on this journey with a care team and encouraged to complete all recommendations to achieve the best outcomes.
Office Location at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital
Joint and Spine Center, Washington University Physicians
1044 N. Mason, Suite 110
Medical Office Building 4
Creve Coeur, MO 63141
Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital is conveniently located just one mile west of I-270 in Creve Coeur, Missouri — a west county suburb of St. Louis.
Get directions and maps.
Physician appointment changes or cancellations should be submitted through MyChart, or by calling your physician office directly.
For immediate assistance, please call 314.996.8000 for general information, or call 314.542.WEST (9378) for physician referral.
Find additional phone numbers here.