If you’re dealing with upper, middle or lower back problems, the pain can be difficult to live with. Our spine surgeons use both surgical and non-surgical treatments to help patients with back pain and regain function.
Spine Conditions We Treat
At Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital, our convenient location offers you comprehensive services from both expert neurosurgeons and orthopedic surgeons. We offer treatments for the following conditions:
- Ankylosing spondylitis: A form of arthritis that primarily affects the ligaments and joints of the spine, especially the lower back. As the disease progresses, it can cause a "hunchback" effect.
- Degenerative disc disease: Normal changes that occur to the disc in the spinal cord as a person ages.
- Herniated disc: A tear or rupture of a disc in the spinal cord that causes pain.
- Scoliosis: A curvature in the spine looking like an "S" or "C".
- Spinal stenosis: A condition in which the spinal canal narrows and pinches the nerves, resulting in back and leg pain.
Physicians work closely with the Barnes-Jewish & Washington University Spine Center team, one of the largest clinical spine care practices in the United States. If advanced surgery is what you choose, the staff will work with you to ensure you have a streamlined experience.
If needed, Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital has a rehabilitation facility on campus. Learn more about our Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation (STAR) center.
For more information or to schedule an appointment with a spine surgeon, call Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital at 314.542.WEST (9378) or toll-free at 844.542.9378. Request an appointment.
We are conveniently located just one mile west of I-270 on Olive Blvd., at Olive and Mason in Creve Coeur, Missouri - a west county suburb of St. Louis, Missouri. Get directions to our hospital.