At Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital it is our commitment to deliver compassionate, highly skilled critical care to patients in our intensive care unit (ICU). Critical care units are special due to their unique blend of sophisticated equipment, skillfully trained staff including telehealth consultations with specialists, and teamwork involved in caring for the patients.
If you believe there are procedures that your loved one would not wish to have, it is important to bring this to the attention of the hospital staff.
A HIGHER LEVEL OF CARE
The ICU provides care in four private rooms and is staffed 24 hours a day/7 days a week. The ICU team consists of the following:
- Specialized Washington University physicians to answer questions and provide care.
- Critical care nurses who are certified in advanced cardiac life support, ventilation and advanced critical care training.
- Respiratory therapists to help manage breathing problems.
- Pharmacists to review all the medication orders and ensure that the drugs are being used appropriately.
- Physical therapists to improve patients’ strength, accelerate healing and increase range of motion.
- Occupational therapists to assist the patient to perform independence in daily activities such as dressing, using the restroom and bathing.
- Speech therapists to help the patient who is having difficulty swallowing or eating.
If you desire spiritual care, please reach out to a team member. We understand that having a loved one in the ICU can be an emotional and overwhelming experience.
The intensive care unit is adjacent to the emergency department.
Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital
12634 Olive Blvd.
Creve Coeur, MO 63141
Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital is conveniently located just one mile west of I-270 in Creve Coeur, Missouri — a west county suburb of St. Louis.
Get directions and maps.
To contact a patient at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital, please call 314.996.8000. Provide the full name of the patient or the room number and an operator will connect you.
See our phone directory for additional phone numbers.