For ankle arthritis, joint replacement surgery has become the gold standard of care. An ankle implant can help restore your mobility and improve your quality of life. At Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital, we are nationally recognized for our orthopedic care and customize our treatment plans to your unique needs and lifestyle.
Why Choose Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital for Ankle Replacement Surgery
Ankle replacement surgery is rising in popularity, but it’s nothing new to us. Our expert surgeons have been performing this procedure for decades. Our orthopedics program also features:
- Most experienced surgeons in Missouri: Our orthopedic surgeons perform hundreds of ankle replacement surgeries each year. In fact, we do more ankle replacements than any other hospital in Missouri.
- Low complication rates: We consistently rank among the facilities with the lowest post-op infection rates in the region.
- Customized ankle implants: Some of our surgeons offer fully custom ankle implants that are designed specifically for you.
- Dedicated nurses: Our core group of orthopedic nurses has been together for over a decade. They communicate closely with your surgeon to manage every aspect of your care after surgery.
- Team approach to surgery: Our anesthesia providers, nurses and surgical technologists work side by side every day. This team approach translates to great surgical outcomes.
- Private rooms: Because your comfort is important to us, we offer private rooms for you to relax and recover in after surgery.
- On-site rehabilitation care: Your physical therapy takes place in the same location where you had your surgery. This allows your therapist to communicate closely with your surgeon and get you back on your feet fast. Learn more about our Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation (STAR) center.
- Convenient, friendly atmosphere: It takes just a couple of minutes to get anywhere you need to go here. Along the way, friendly team members will be happy to help you get in and out fast.
Our comprehensive care also includes non-surgical options, as well. Learn more about our non-surgical ankle treatments.
For more information about knee replacement surgery or to schedule an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon, call Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital at 314.542.WEST (9378) or toll-free 844.542.9378.