At Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital, we recognize that weekend warriors deserve the same level of medical treatment as professional athletes. That’s why we offer world-class rehab facilities and top-notch doctors to address your sports injuries.
What is Sports Medicine?
Sports medicine is a branch of orthopedics that focuses on reconstruction, rehabilitation and enhancing athletic performance. The sports medicine specialty diagnoses and treats all types of sports-related conditions and injuries. Whether you have torn your rotator cuff or you simply can’t figure out why your knees hurt when you run, you can turn to our experienced sports medicine doctors for help.
Why Choose Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital for Sports Medicine
Our specialists help you regain strength, improve mobility and eliminate pain. We offer customized programs that empower you to achieve your goals and improve your athletic performance. Our program also features:
- The same advanced care given to professional athletes: Our Washington University physicians serve as the team doctors for the NHL’s St. Louis Blues. Our doctors will give you the same attention they provide to the professionals.
- Experienced surgeons: If you do need surgery, you can trust the experience of our sports medicine surgeons. They have decades of experience with surgeries, like multi-ligament knee repair.
- Convenient rehab facilities: We offer everything under one roof. Our expert therapists will design a program specifically for you to enhance your athletic performance through specialized muscle strengthening routines, massage and more. We also specialize in both pre-op and post-op therapy to help you get well. Learn more about our Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation (STAR) center.
- Private rooms: Your comfort is important to us. If you require surgery for a sports injury, we want you to relax, recover and enjoy guests in your private room.
- Comprehensive care: Unlike most outpatient surgery centers, our hospital is fully equipped with the same diagnostic equipment and emergency services of a large hospital.
- Easy access: Our convenient location means less travel time for you. And once inside our hospital, you’ll find it easy to get where you need to go.
Learn more about the orthopedics care we offer at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital.
For more information about shoulder and elbow treatments or to schedule an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon, call Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital at 314.542.WEST (9378) or toll-free 844.542.9378.