When your joint pain becomes unbearable, you might need to consider joint replacement surgery. If that’s the case, it’s important to seek out an experienced surgeon to perform your procedure. At Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital, our surgeons perform hundreds of these surgeries every year, making them among the most experienced in the region.
Why Choose Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital for Joint Replacement Surgery
Having total joint replacement surgery is a big decision. Our expert orthopedics team will stand by you throughout the entire process. Here’s what you can expect from us:
- Highly experienced surgeons: Our orthopedists have decades of experience in joint replacement. In fact, our surgeons perform more ankle replacement surgeries than anyone else in Missouri.
- Leading edge techniques to reduce blood loss: Our surgeons use advanced techniques to minimize blood loss and decrease your need for a post-operative transfusion.
- Advanced pain management: Our surgeons inject non-narcotic numbing medications directly into your joint during surgery. This means less discomfort for you when you wake up and no side effects from narcotics.
- On-site rehabilitation facilities: Our physical therapists know our surgeon’s post-op protocols inside and out. This seamless integration of care means better outcomes for you. Learn more about our Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation (STAR) center.
- Expert nursing care: Many of our orthopedic nurses have been with us for decades. They love what they do and truly care about your well-being.
- Private rooms: Your comfort is important to us. We offer private rooms so you can relax in private as you recover from surgery.
- Easy access: We’re easy to find in the west St. Louis suburb of Creve Coeur. Once you’re inside the hospital, it takes just a couple of minutes to get anywhere you need to go.
Joint Replacement Services We Offer
We offer advanced procedures in:
Where possible, our orthopedists work hard to help you avoid surgery and get back joint function. Learn more about our non-surgical hip and knee treatments and our non-surgical ankle treatments.
Personalized Post-Operative Care at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital
We are a community-sized hospital, but we offer all the amenities of a large institution. If you need emergency care after you go home, we provide 24-hour services right here. Many of our surgeons respond personally to their patients in our emergency room. And if they aren’t able to, you can be sure they’re in close contact with the doctor who is treating you.
Office Location at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital
Joint and Spine Center, Washington University Physicians
1044 N. Mason, Suite 110
Medical Office Building 4
Creve Coeur, MO 63141
Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital is conveniently located just one mile west of I-270 in Creve Coeur, Missouri — a west county suburb of St. Louis.
Get directions and maps.
Physician appointment changes or cancellations should be submitted through MyChart, or by calling your physician office directly.
For immediate assistance, please call 314.996.8000 for general information, or call 314.542.WEST (9378) for physician referral.
Find additional phone numbers here.