Here, your comfort stays at the forefront of what we do. We offer advanced pain management methods to keep you as comfortable as possible, along with surgery and post-op rehabilitation in the same convenient location.
Why Choose Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital for Hip Replacement Surgery
For hip replacement surgery, our orthopedic surgery team offers compassionate, personalized care that includes:
- Highly experienced surgeons: Many of our orthopedists have been practicing for more than two decades. They perform hundreds of hip replacement surgeries each year.
- Minimally invasive approaches: Whenever possible, our orthopedic surgeons avoid cutting through leg muscles. This technique means less pain and a faster recovery.
- Advanced techniques to reduce blood loss: Our surgeons use special techniques to control blood loss and minimize your need for a post-operative transfusion.
- Advanced pain management: Our surgeons inject non-narcotic numbing medications into your leg during surgery. This means you wake up feeling comfortable, without the side effects from narcotics.
- Gender-specific implants: Our hip implants come in male and female versions. They also come in various sizes. Your surgeon will choose the one that’s best for you.
- Strong surgical teams: Our anesthesia providers, nurses and surgical technicians work together day after day. This allows us to provide you with the highest standard of care possible.
- Seamless transition to rehab: Our physical therapists communicate frequently with your surgeon to deliver a hip rehabilitation program specific to your unique needs. Learn more about our Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation (STAR) center.
- Private rooms: All of our rooms are private so you can relax in comfort as you recover from surgery.
Surgery is just one of the comprehensive options we offer. Learn more about our non-surgical hip and knee treatments.
DOWNLOAD A JOINT REPLACEMENT PATIENT GUIDE
Barnes-Jewish, along with our Washington University orthopedic physician partners, have designed a Patient Journey Guide to prepare you on what to expect before, during and after your hip replacement. You will be on this journey with a care team and encouraged to complete all recommendations to achieve the best outcomes.
Seamless Post-Operative Care for Hip Replacement
In the rare event of a post-surgical complication, we offer emergency room services to our patients. Most of our orthopedic surgeons respond to patient emergencies in person. If you do need to be admitted, you’ll be cared for by the same group of expert orthopedic nurses who oversaw your post-op stay.
For more information about hip replacement surgery or to schedule an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon, call Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital at 314.542.WEST (9378) or toll-free 844.542.9378.