At Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital you can receive both medical and surgical management of ear, nose and throat disorders. Our otolaryngologists, or commonly known as ear, nose and throat specialists or ENTs, are highly trained to provide comprehensive care. Our ENTs partner with audiologists if you have hearing issues and speech-language pathologists for swallowing therapy.
Ear Conditions We Treat
- Balance disorders such as vertigo or dizziness
- Ear pain and infections
- Facial and cranial nerve disorders
- Hearing loss
- Meniere's disease
- Ringing or buzzing in the ears (tinnitus)
Nose Conditions We Treat
- Deviated septum
- Facial trauma including broken noses and other bones
- Inflammation caused by allergies or a sinus infection
- Nasal obstructions and polyps
- Skull bases tumors in the front (anterior) which includes sinuses
Throat Conditions We Treat
- Airway disorders
- Oral cavity cancer
- Salivary gland disorders
- Spasms in the muscles of the voice box or larynx
- Thyroid disease
- Treatment of tonsils
- Vocal cord paralysis
Head and Neck Cancer
Regardless of your age, tobacco (including smokeless tobacco) and alcohol use are significant risk factors for head and neck cancers. If you are experiencing mouth and throat pain, lumps in the neck or sores in the mouth, hoarseness, persistent cough or difficulty swallowing we recommend you see an otolaryngologist as early detection is key to effective treatment options.
If treatment for head and neck cancer is necessary, Washington University medical oncologists, radiation oncologists and surgeons partner to develop a plan for the individual patient. Learn more about their approach to head and neck cancer from the Siteman Cancer Center.
- Comprehensive evaluations including diagnostic, medical and surgical services
- Cochlear implants and hearing aids
- Chronic ear disease and restorative hearing procedures
- Cosmetic and reconstructive surgical procedures for the face, head and neck
- Minimally invasive endoscopic surgery for nasal polyp removal, sinus procedures and throat conditions
- Depending on the stage of the head and neck cancer, treatment options could be a combination of surgery, radiation therapy or chemotherapy
- Complex lateral (side of the skull) and anterior (front of the skull) surgery
Office Locations at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital
Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital is conveniently located just one mile west of I-270 in Creve Coeur, Missouri — a west county suburb of St. Louis.
Ear, Nose and Throat Center, Washington University Physicians 1044 N. Mason Road, Suite L20 Medical Office Building 4 Creve Coeur, MO 63141
Voice and Airway Center, Washington University Physicians 1044 N. Mason Road, Suite L20 Medical Office Building 4 Creve Coeur, MO 63141
Barnes-Jewish West County Surgery Center
Barnes-Jewish West County Surgery Center is located two miles east of Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital off N. New Ballas Rd.
Ear, Nose and Throat Center, Washington University Physicians
450 N. New Ballas Road, Suite 140
Creve Coeur, MO 63141
Get directions and maps.
Contact Us for Ear, Nose and Throat Care
To learn more or to schedule an appointment with one of our otolaryngologists, please call 314.542.WEST (9378) or toll-free at 844.542.WEST (9378). You’ll need a referral from your physician to schedule an appointment.
If you need to change or cancel your appointment, you can do so through MyChart, your physician’s office directly. See our phone directory for additional phone numbers.