Hip and knee pain often means more than dealing with discomfort. The pain can keep you from staying physically fit and even affect your quality of life. At Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital, our expert orthopedists will recommend a variety of non-surgical hip and knee treatments to help you get moving again.
Non-surgical Hip and Knee Treatments at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital: Why Choose Us
Our orthopedists believe in exhausting all non-surgical treatments for your hip and knee problems before we recommend surgery. Our program also features:
- Personalized care and treatments: Our expert surgeons listen to your concerns and goals. Then, they create a treatment plan especially for you.
- Advanced diagnostics: For athletes and non-athletes, we provide tools, like video gait analysis, to develop a highly focused treatment plan.
- Convenient location: You’re able to get in and out of our facility quickly and easily.
We also offer advanced surgical options for hip and knee problems. Learn more about hip replacement and knee replacement at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital.
Non-Surgical Hip and Knee Treatments at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital
In cases of fractures or traumatic injury, surgery may be unavoidable. But for chronic hip and knee problems, non-invasive treatment may be all you need. We offer:
- Physical therapy: Our goal is to restore your range of motion and joint function. You can rely on our highly experienced physical therapists to design a plan just for you.
- Cortisone injections: These medications reduce pain and inflammation. The injections are delivered precisely to the joint for maximum effectiveness.
- Orthotics and braces: Low-grade injuries to knee tendons and ligaments may respond well to immobilization. A custom knee brace plus rest may be the only prescription your aching joint needs.
- Medications: Your orthopedist may recommend prescription medications to treat your hip or knee pain. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications and oral corticosteroids are effective treatments for osteoarthritis and other causes of joint pain.
Hip and Knee Rehabilitation at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital
Hip and knee issues often respond well to physical therapy. Our Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation (STAR) center provides leading-edge therapies delivered by highly experienced physical therapists. Our goal is to restore the functionality of your joint. We offer:
- Leading-edge treatments including aqua therapy and video walking/running analysis
- Highly experienced, licensed physical therapists
- Licensed massage therapists
- One-on-one instruction
- Close communication with you and your physician
Learn more about our Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation (STAR) center.
Hip and Knee Conditions We Treat
At Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital, we treat all types of hip conditions and knee conditions, including:
For more information about non-surgical hip and knee treatments or to schedule an appointment with an orthopedist, call Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital at 314.542.WEST (9378) or toll-free 844.542.9378.