It is common for patients to try medication and other conservative treatments to treat their knee pain, but if you have not experienced adequate relief, you may be a candidate for a partial knee replacement performed with the use of a robotic-arm assisted device.
PARTIAL KNEE REPLACEMENT: WHY CHOOSE BARNES-JEWISH WEST COUNTY HOSPITAL?
At our Joint and Spine Center, you receive care from Washington University physicians who specialize in managing and treating knee pain. You benefit from our:
- Commitment to provide the highest quality of care: Washington University orthopedic surgeons at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital are among the first in the St. Louis region to perform partial knee replacement procedures using a robotic-arm assisted device.
- Personalized surgical plan: Physicians use a virtual 3D model to personalize each patient’s surgical plan based on the patient’s specific diagnosis and anatomy. The device enables surgeons to identify the implant size, orientation, and alignment. During surgery, the robotic-arm provides a high level of accuracy and position the implant.
- Bone-sparing procedure: Surgeons can selectively target only the part of the knee damaged by osteoarthritis and resurface the diseased portion of the knee, without damaging the healthy bone and ligaments surrounding the knee joint.
- Results from clinical studies: In clinical studies patients who have undergone a procedure using this robotic-arm assisted device have more accurate component position and sizing than those who underwent procedures with standard, nonrobotic instrumentation.
OUR ORTHOPEDIC SURGEONS
The orthopedic doctors at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital who utilize a robotic-arm assisted device for partial knee replacements are all faculty members at Washington University, an academic medical center. Meet our orthopedic doctors:
IS A PARTIAL KNEE REPLACEMENT AN OPTION FOR ME
Each patient is unique, and it is important to talk to your health care provider about the reason for your knee pain so you can discuss all available treatment options. If you answer yes to one of the following, you may qualify for a partial knee replacement.
- I suffer from extreme knee pain or stiffness resulting from noninflammatory degenerative joint disease (including osteoarthritis, traumatic arthritis or avascular necrosis), rheumatoid arthritis or post-traumatic arthritis.
- I have not experienced adequate relief with conservative treatment options, like bracing, medication or joint fluid supplements.
- I have been diagnosed with early to mid-stage osteoarthritis that does not affect all three compartments (medial, patellofemoral, lateral) of my knee.
OFFICE LOCATION AT BARNES-JEWISH WEST COUNTY HOSPITAL
Joint and Spine Center
1044 N. Mason Road, Suite 110
Medical Office Building 4
Creve Coeur, MO 63141
Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital is conveniently located just 1 mile west of I-270 in Creve Coeur, Missouri — a west St. Louis County suburb.
Get directions and maps.
To learn more or to schedule an appointment with one of our physicians who specializes in partial knee replacements, please call 314.514.3500. You’ll need a referral from your physician to schedule an appointment.
If you need to change or cancel your appointment, you can do so through MyChart or by calling your physician’s office directly. See our phone directory for additional phone numbers.
HOW TO REFER A PATIENT
Physicians can refer a patient via Epic or call 314.514.3500.
- External referrals: Send an Epic InBasket message to WU OS Pt Service Center Pool
- Internal (WU/BJC) referrals: Epic WQ - WU OS Specialist Refer to Unscheduled