Musculoskeletal (MSK) ultrasound is rapidly evolving as a non-invasive tool in the diagnosis and assessment for the management of joint and soft tissue disorders. MSK ultrasound images are used to help diagnose:
- Tendon tears, such as tears of rotator cuff or Achilles tendon
- Abnormalities of the muscles such as soft-tissue masses
- Bleeding or other fluid collections with the muscles and joints
In addition to MSK ultrasound, Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital offers MSK procedures, which are minimally invasive, imaging guided treatments. These procedures typically only require conscious sedation. They include:
- Bone and soft-tissue biopsies for diagnosis
- Radiofrequency ablation/cryoablation of bone tumors
- Vertebroplasty/kyphoplasty for benign and malignant vertebral compression fractures
Additional Imaging Information
For more information or to schedule an appointment with a radiologist, call Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital at 314.996.8080.
We are conveniently located just one mile west of I-270 on Olive Blvd., at Olive and Mason in Creve Coeur, Missouri - a west county suburb of St. Louis, Missouri. Get directions to our Imaging Locations.