Digestive problems can happen to anyone, at any age. We offer a full range of diagnostic procedures and tests for all types of digestive disorders.
In fact, we offer sophisticated diagnostic technology, like endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP), endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) and radiofrequency ablation (RFA), which often can only be found at larger medical centers.
Gastroenterology and GI Diagnosis at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital
If you’re experiencing digestive problems, a fast diagnosis can help to relieve your anxiety and discomfort. We use innovative technology to help your doctor precisely diagnose your condition and get you the care you need. We offer:
- Full range of diagnostic procedures: Our experts can use many tests to diagnose your colon cancer, liver disease (including liver cancer), irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn’s disease, gallstones and all other types of digestive diseases. Learn more about the conditions we treat.
- Sophisticated technology: We perform advanced diagnostic tests often only found in academic medical centers that pin down accurate diagnoses and provide therapy as quickly as possible. These include:
- Capsule endoscopy
- Deep enteroscopy
- Wireless pH testing
- Radiofrequency ablation (RFA)
- Convenient location for diagnostic testing: We are located just one mile west of I-270 on Olive Boulevard in Creve Coeur. We also offer accessible free parking.
- Same-day surgery capabilities: If it’s needed for liver disease, colon cancer, gallstones or another digestive disorder, we are able to perform needed surgical procedures the same day you are seen.
Our complete range of gastrointestinal diagnosis tests and procedures also includes colon cancer screenings. Learn more about colonoscopy at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital.
Gastrointestinal (GI) Diagnosis: What to Expect
When you visit Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital to undergo testing for a digestive condition, you can expect our friendly staff to help you through the process. Depending on the type of testing or diagnostic procedure you need, during your time with us you will most likely:
- Check in at the registration desk.
- Interact with a nurse or other team member who will walk you through the upcoming procedure, so there are no surprises.
- Meet with an anesthesia provider, if needed.
- Have the diagnostic procedure or test performed.
- Spend some time in a recovery area, if required by your test.
For more information or to schedule an appointment with a gastroenterologist, call Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital at 314.542.WEST (9378) or toll-free at 844.542.9378.
We are conveniently located just one mile west of I-270 on Olive Blvd., at Olive and Mason in Creve Coeur, Missouri - a west county suburb of St. Louis, Missouri. Get directions to our hospital.