Conditions We Treat
Gastrointestinal disorders can occur anywhere along the entire digestive tract, from your mouth to your colon. No matter what type of digestive disease you have, we offer advanced care at our award-winning facility.
Digestive Conditions We Treat
Each year, our physicians diagnose and treat hundreds of types of gastrointestinal conditions. Whether you are experiencing acid reflux or ulcerative colitis, we provide you with comprehensive care. We specialize in treating:
- Inflammatory bowel diseases
Other conditions we treat include:
Digestive Disease Care at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital: Why Choose Us
Our hospital offers all the capabilities and amenities of a large facility but in a comfortable, community setting. Our unimposing campus is easy to access and navigate. We also offer:
- Sophisticated treatments: We offer therapies often not found outside of university medical centers, including biologic medications (drugs made from biological sources that target your immune system) for inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). We also offer a full spectrum of interventional endoscopic procedures, including enteral stenting, Barrett’s radiofrequency ablation, endoscopic mucosal resection, endoscopic ultrasonography, endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP).
- Advanced diagnostics: Our doctors have access to a large range of tests to aid diagnosis, including minimally invasive single-balloon enteroscopy to diagnose small bowel diseases.
- Full spectrum of surgical treatments: We offer laparoscopic and robotic options that often result in a shorter hospital stay with less post-operative discomfort
- Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) protocols: With colon surgery, fast tracking helps you stay comfortable and recover faster from surgery. ERAS protocols work by specifying your optimal pre-surgery diet and giving you advanced pain management during and after your procedure.
- Experienced surgeons: Doctors from Washington University and BJC Medical Group perform a high volume of gastrointestinal procedures each year, which gives them a high level of experience and expertise.
- Emergency services: To diagnose and treat your gallstones or other digestive conditions that come on suddenly, we offer a fully equipped emergency department.
For more information or to schedule an appointment with a gastroenterologist, call Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital at 314.542.WEST (9378) or toll-free at 844.542.9378.
We are conveniently located just one mile west of I-270 on Olive Blvd., at Olive and Mason in Creve Coeur, Missouri - a west county suburb of St. Louis, Missouri. Get directions to our hospital.