If you’re a physician who has patients needing pulmonary function testing, the Washington University Asthma and Allergy Center at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital offers testing at a convenient location.
As part of Washington University's division of allergy and clinical immunology, your patient will have access to highly skilled respiratory therapists, and should you require it, consultations with allergy and immunology physicians.
Pulmonary Testing Services
- Full pulmonary function test
- Six-minute walk test
- Maximum voluntary ventilation
- Maximal respiratory pressures (MIPS/MEPS)
- Arterial blood gases
- Methacholine challenge
- Exercise challenge
- O2 assessment
- Preoperative lung function
Download a referral form to order testing services.
Request a Call from the Pulmonary Function Testing Coordinator
To refer patients to Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital for pulmonary function testing, please download, print and complete the Washington University Asthma and Allergy Center referral form. Our program coordinator will respond to you during normal business hours: Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Contact Us: The Doctors’ Access Line
Please call 800.252.DOCS (3627) to connect with a Washington University specialist at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital. This toll-free number is reserved exclusively for physicians and is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Pulmonary Function Testing Location
Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital is conveniently located just one mile west of I-270 in Creve Coeur, Missouri — a west county suburb of St. Louis.
- Washington University Ashma and Allergy Center is on the Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital campus in Medical Office Building 2, Suite 200. The address is 10 Barnes West Drive, located in the Siteman Cancer Center building behind the hospital. Phone: 314.996.3098
Get directions and maps.