We appreciate that you chose STAR for your physical therapy. We want to help you prepare for your first visit, so you can save time and make your session with us as effective as possible.
Since we want you to have a good experience with us, we are also open to all suggestions for improvement.
What to Bring
If you are not sure about your insurance coverage, please call the customer service number on the back of your insurance card. Otherwise, please come to your first appointment with:
- Your insurance ID card
- A photo ID
- Referral from a medical provider
- Exercise clothes, such as shorts, T-shirt and athletic shoes (or come already dressed)
- Completed forms for:
We respect your time and strive to begin and end your treatment on time. Please check in when you arrive so that we may notify your therapist. You may change in our locker rooms.
If you have to wait more than five minutes past your appointment time, please let our receptionist know so we can investigate the delay.
Cancellations and Attendance
To make scheduling your appointment as convenient as possible, we try to reduce our number of cancellations and no-shows. This effort also allows us to maximize the time we spend with each person. We therefore need your help following our cancellation and attendance policies.
Please let us know if you have any questions about these policies.
Your therapy will progress better if you attend each of your scheduled appointments. If you cannot make one, however, please let us know as soon as possible, so we can offer the appointment to someone else who may need it.
To cancel an appointment, please:
- Call the appropriate location at least 24 hours before your appointment (and if not, as soon as possible)
- Tell us why you need to cancel (we are collecting data to help us reduce cancellations and improve the convenience of scheduling appointments)
- Let us know if you would like to reschedule
We may need to discontinue your therapy if you:
- Do not show up for your initial appointment and do not confirm the next appointment as requested
- Do not show for your first and second appointments
- Do not show for a total of three appointments during the course of treatment
- Cancel less than 24 hours in advance for three consecutive appointments
- Cancel less than 24 hours in advance for six or more appointments over the course of two months
Do You Have a Suggestion?
We strive to provide excellent care. If you have suggestions, questions or concerns about our program, please feel free to share them with your therapist. You may also contact the manager of rehabilitative services at email@example.com.
To make changes to your appointment schedule or to speak with your therapist, please call the appropriate office:
- Chesterfield — Washington University and Barnes-Jewish Orthopedic Center: 314.514.3636
- Creve Coeur — Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital: 314.996.3050
- South County — Center for Advanced Medicine: 314.286.1000
Get directions to any of our three STAR Locations:
You can also view maps to see the locations of our buildings.