Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation (STAR) center provides individualized outpatient speech therapy services from licensed and certified speech-language pathologists.
WHY CHOOSE STAR speech THERAPY?
Our specialty trained speech-language pathologists work to assess, diagnose and treat adults who are experiencing difficulties with their speech, language, cognitive-communication and/or have swallowing disorders.
CONDITIONS WE TREAT
At Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital, we offer treatments for the following conditions:
- Speech disorders: including difficulty producing sounds correctly or fluently or problems with voice or resonance.
- Language disorders: including trouble understanding others (receptive language) or sharing thoughts, ideas and feelings (expressive language). Language disorders may be spoken or written and may involve the form, content and/or use of language in functional and socially appropriate ways.
- Cognitive-communication disorders: including problems organizing thoughts, paying attention, remembering, planning and/or problem-solving.
- Swallowing disorders (dysphagia): including difficulty swallowing, which may follow an illness, surgery, stroke, injury or head/neck cancer.
- Aphasia rehabilitation
- Articulation therapy
- Auditory and/or visual processing therapy
- Cognitive therapy
- Expiratory muscle strength training
- Feeding and swallowing assessment, including Modified Barium Swallow Studies (MBSS) using the Modified Barium Swallow Impairment Profile (MBSImP)
- Feeding and swallowing treatment, including the McNeill Dysphagia Therapy Program (MDTP)
- Oral-motor exercises
- Speech and swallow therapy for head and neck cancer including prophylactic dysphagia intervention
- Voice therapy including the Lee Silverman Voice Treatment (LSVT) LOUD program for Parkinson’s disease and other neurological disorders
Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation
1044 N. Mason Road, Suite 220
Medical Office Building 4
Creve Coeur, MO 63141
Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital is conveniently located just one mile west of I-270 in Creve Coeur, Missouri — a west county suburb of St. Louis.
Get directions and maps.
CONTACT US FOR SPEECH THERAPY
You will need a referral from your physician to schedule an appointment. To learn more or to schedule an appointment with one of our speech-language pathologists, please call 314.996.3050
HOW TO REFER A PATIENT FOR SPEECH THERAPY
We can receive a referral from a physician via:
- Epic WQ: BJWCH OP SLP
- Telephone: 314.996.3050