Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation (STAR) center provides individualized outpatient speech therapy services from licensed and certified speech-language pathologists.
WHY CHOOSE STAR speech THERAPY?
Our specialty trained speech-language pathologists work to assess, diagnose and treat adults who are experiencing difficulties with their swallowing or have been diagnosed with head and neck cancer.
CONDITIONS WE TREAT
At Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital, we offer treatments for the following conditions:
- Therapy for head and neck cancer patients: Head and neck cancers and their associated treatments (e.g. surgery, radiation) often cause changes to swallowing functions and communication abilities. Starting with your diagnosis, our speech-language pathologists will work with you throughout your cancer journey to preserve and rehabilitate these functions.
- Swallowing disorders (dysphagia): Swallowing disorders include difficulty swallowing, which may follow an illness, surgery, stroke, injury or head/neck cancer. If you are having difficulty swallowing solids or liquids, our speech-language pathologists will assess your swallowing ability and work with you to determine a treatment plan.
- Expiratory muscle strength training
- Feeding and swallowing treatment, including the McNeill Dysphagia Therapy Program (MDTP)
- Flexible Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES)
- Modified Barium Swallow Studies (MBSS) using the Modified Barium Swallow Impairment Profile (MBSImP)
- Oral-motor exercises
- Speech and swallow therapy for head and neck cancer including prophylactic dysphagia intervention
Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation
1044 N. Mason Road, Suite 220
Medical Office Building 4
Creve Coeur, MO 63141
Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital is conveniently located just one mile west of I-270 in Creve Coeur, Missouri — a west county suburb of St. Louis.
Get directions and maps.
CONTACT US FOR SPEECH THERAPY
You will need a referral from your physician to schedule an appointment. To learn more or to schedule an appointment with one of our speech-language pathologists, please call 314.996.3050
HOW TO REFER A PATIENT FOR SPEECH THERAPY
We can receive a referral from a physician via:
- Epic WQ: BJWCH OP SLP
- Telephone: 314.996.3050
- Fax: 314.996.3059