Erectile dysfunction (ED) affects millions of men across the country. If erectile dysfunction is affecting your life, we can help.
Why Choose Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital for Erectile Dysfunction & Impotence?
Men come to Barnes-Jewish West Country Hospital for treatment of erectile dysfunction and impotence because we offer:
- Comprehensive focus on men’s health: Erectile dysfunction can be caused by — or worsened by — health conditions such as heart disease and diabetes. Washington University urologists treat erectile dysfunction, but they also help patients manage serious health conditions that affect their sex lives and overall health.
- Individualized treatment: Our urologists help you select the treatment option that best fits your health, lifestyle and goals.
Diagnosis of Erectile Dysfunction and Impotence
You probably already know if you have erectile dysfunction. Your urologist may order additional tests to help determine the extent and cause of the dysfunction, including:
- Blood tests: Blood tests are used to assess your overall health and help determine the underlying cause of erectile dysfunction.
- Urine test: Urine testing is also used to assess your overall health and detect underlying health conditions.
- Overnight erection test: Your physician may check for the presence of spontaneous erections during sleep.
Erectile Dysfunction & Impotence Treatment at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital
Washington University urologists tailor the treatment of erectile dysfunction to the needs of our patients. Treatment options available at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital include:
- Treatment of underlying health conditions: Diabetes and heart disease are two of the most common causes of erectile dysfunction. Treating underlying disease can improve your erectile function — and your overall health.
- Penis pumps: Vacuum inflation pumps help many men achieve erections when desired.
- Medication: Pills such as tadalafil (Cialis), vardenafil (Levitra) or sildenafil (Viagra) may help you achieve an erection. Other erection-inducing medications are delivered via injection or suppository.
- Surgery: Our surgeons can implant an inflatable penile prosthesis to overcome the effects of erectile dysfunction.
For more information or to schedule an appointment with a urologist, call Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital at 314.542.WEST (9378) or toll-free at 844.542.9378.
Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital is conveniently located just one mile west of I-270 in Creve Coeur, Missouri — a west county suburb of St. Louis.
The Washington University Urologic Surgery office is located in Medical Office Building 1, Suite 122. The address is 1040 North Mason Road, at the corner of North Mason and Olive Boulevard. Get directions and maps.