If your patients are living with chronic pain, experienced Washington University pain physicians can help. We offer a variety of nonnarcotic pain management options to relieve pain and improve your patients’ quality of life.
Why Refer Your Patients to Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital?
Physicians throughout the St. Louis area frequently refer their patients to us, especially those with complex cases. They can count on our Pain Management Center for:
- Extensive expertise in pain management: Board-certified Washington University physicians at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital have fellowship training in several areas of medicine, and all specialize in pain management. Our approach brings together experts in pain medicine, anesthesiology, psychology, pharmacy, and physical medicine and rehabilitation for comprehensive pain management.
- Close coordination with you: Our care team documents everything in your patients’ electronic medical records in Epic to keep you up to date on their care and progress. You have access to complete information and notes from everyone involved in your patients’ care. We collaborate closely with you to make coordinated decisions about your patients’ health.
- Focus on nonnarcotic pain management: We provide a personalized care plan for each patient. Our team helps patients taper the use of narcotic/opioid medications and offers other pain management options for sustainable, long-term treatment. Learn more about our chronic pain treatment and the conditions we treat.
- Comprehensive range of treatments: Our pain physicians specialize in nonnarcotic pain management using medications, injections, physical therapy and psychological therapy. If your patient needs surgery for an underlying cause, we work with the expert surgeons at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital in Creve Coeur or Barnes-Jewish Hospital at the Washington University Medical Center in the Central West End.
- Evidence-based care for chronic pain: Your patient receives care from a team dedicated to bringing groundbreaking research to patient care. Our physicians conduct research at Washington University School of Medicine to stay at the forefront of pain management. Find out what to expect (for patients) during treatment.
- Fast access to convenient care: We can often see your patient within a week of the call. In many cases, we can provide same-day treatments, such as injections, at our location on the campus of Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital.
How to Refer a Patient for Pain Management
It’s easy to refer a patient to the Pain Management Center at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital. Once we receive your referral, we will call you during our business hours: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
We can receive your referral via:
- Epic WQ: 200508002 BJWCH Pain Mgmt Clinic
- Telephone: 314.996.8885
- Fax: 314.996.8037
Referral Form (PDF)
Contact Us: The Doctors’ Access Line
Please call toll-free 800.252.DOCS (3627) to connect you with specialist partners, services and resources.
The Doctors' Access Line is reserved exclusively for physicians and is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. By taking advantage of this service, you'll save time and make the connections you need. Your patients receive direct, expedited admissions and specialized care — so they can return to your care more quickly.
Office Location at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital
Pain Management Center, a member of BJC HealthCare
1044 N. Mason Road, Suite L30
Medical Office Building 4
Creve Coeur, MO 63141
Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital is conveniently located just one mile west of I-270 in Creve Coeur, Missouri — a west county suburb of St. Louis.
Get directions and maps.