Whether you are ready to regain strength, improve mobility and eliminate pain or you are an athlete looking to improve performance, therapists at the Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation Center (STAR) can design an individualized program to meet your unique, personal needs.
The Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation Center, a part of Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital, is a center of excellence where clients receive one-on-one instruction from licensed, experienced physical therapists and licensed massage therapists. With challenging treatments we will help you recover after surgery, restore function after injury, or simply achieve a personal best in your level of fitness.
We are committed to providing a superior patient experience. This includes:
- Personal Attention – Using a scientific approach, we will tailor a program to meet your specific needs and performance goals.
- Empowerment – You are an important part of our team. With your input, supported by our plans you will see optimum success.
- Excellent Communication – Joining us through a physician referral? We will keep your doctor informed about your condition and progress.
- Maximum Physical Fulfillment – Workout plans are results-driven. Our staff will instruct and guide you in a program that will allow you to achieve your goals.
Conditions We Treat
- Difficulty with walking and mobility
- Endurance athlete related injuries
- Fatigue management
- Joint pain
- Movement dysfunction contributing to pain
- Orthopedic injuries
- Pelvic floor dysfunction
- Postural retraining
- Pre and post-surgery conditions
- Sports injuries
- Women’s health issues
- Work-related injuries
Features and Services
Each of our locations is unique and can vary, but our team will work with each individual to ensure that your health care need is addressed.
- Agility training area for athletic drills
- Biodex isokinetic machine to assess strength in various joints
- Biofeedback therapy for pelvic floor muscle retraining
- Cardio machines
- CompuTrainer for cycling pedal strokes analysis
- Free weights
- Knee injury prevention and rehabilitation programs
- Motion capture and analysis technology
- Strength machines
- Therapeutic massage
- Performance enhancement programs for running, cycling and golf
- Pitching and running lanes
- PROPRIO 5000 for balance measurement and training
- Video analysis to assess walking and running and detect biomechanical abnormalities
Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation Team
If you are recovering from surgery or an injury, our staff of experienced, efficient physical therapists and massage therapists will communicate with your physician and work safely with you to ensure your rehabilitation is a success.
Want to get in shape or take your game to the next level? Athletes and non-athletes at all ages and levels can benefit from our customized programs. Whether you prefer running, cycling, golf, or general fitness, our specialists will design a customized program to help you reach your goals.
Learn more about the Creve Coeur Team and the Chesterfield Team.