Nonsurgical Weight Loss Information
If you would like to learn more about FDA approved, safe and effective alternatives for a person struggling with weight loss, complete the form below and member of the Washington University gastroenterology team will contact you to answer any questions. If you are a candidate, we will set up a personal consultation, which is recommended to potential candidates of our nonsurgical weight loss treatments.
During your personal consultation, you will learn about treatment options, including intragastric balloon therapy, aspiration therapy, endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty and endoscopic gastric outlet repair. Pricing will be discussed as most insurance providers do not cover the cost of these weight loss options, but we offer package pricing to help you understand costs upfront.
If you answer YES to all the following you are a candidate for this type of weight loss treatment:
- You are at least 30 pounds overweight.
- You have attempted weight-loss through diet and exercise without success.
- You are willing to participate in a medically supervised program, including nutritional counseling and lifestyle coaching.
- You are 22 years old or older.
If you answer YES to one or more of the following you are NOT a candidate for this treatment option:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have an eating disorder