Join a Washington University gastroenterologist to learn more about FDA approved, safe and effective alternatives for a person who is struggling with weight loss. Treatment options that will be discussed include intragastric balloon devices (one, two or three balloons), aspiration therapy, endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty and endoscopic gastric outlet repair.
Please review the criteria below to determine if you are a candidate for this type of weight loss treatment:
- You are at least 30 pounds overweight
- You have attempted weight-loss through diet and exercise without success
- You have not been diagnosed with severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- You do not have heart burn symptoms when taking heart burn medications
- You have not had previous surgeries in your small intestine or stomach, exception is an uncomplicated appendectomy surgery or gall bladder removal
- You have not had bariatric surgery in the past
- You are not on blood thinners
- You are willing to participate in a medically supervised program
- You are 22 years old or older
If any of the following statements are true, you are NOT a candidate for this treatment option and should not attend this information session:
- You have severe damage to your liver
- You take prescription aspirin, anti-inflammatory agents, anticoagulants or other gastric irritants daily
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
Most insurance providers do not cover the cost of these weight loss options, but we offer package pricing to help you understand costs upfront.
The event is free and registration is required.
Registration: 30 minutes prior to presentation the registration desk will be open.
Presentation: The presentation is 1-hour and start time varies, please see below.
For your convenience, classes are offered in west St. Louis County and the Central West End.
||Central West End: Barnes-Jewish Hospital
Washington University Medical Campus
Outpatient Clinics and Clinical Trial Units Building
Second Floor, Suite 200
||620 S. Taylor Ave., St. Louis, MO 63110
||Free parking north of the building
If you have reviewed the criteria and determined that you are a candidate, please choose a date and complete the registration.