Choosing to pursue losing weight through surgery is a major step for anyone. Join a Washington University bariatric surgeon to learn more about the three approaches to surgery; laparoscopic gastric bypass, adjustable gastric banding and gastric sleeve. You will learn what to expect before and after the surgery, as well as what it means both physically and emotionally. Time will be allotted for questions and insurance coverage will be discussed.
The information session is free, but registration is required.
If you are under the age of 18 you must have a legal guardian present.
Information sessions are held in the evenings at the Drury Inn & Suites: 2111 Sulphur Ave, St. Louis, MO 63139
Review the criteria to determine if you are a candidate for bariatric surgery
- You have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40 or greater - calculate your BMI
- You have a BMI between 30 to 39 with other comorbidity diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure or sleep apnea
- You have attempted a structured dietary weight-loss program for at least six months without success
- You have not been diagnosed for Crohn's disease or cirrhosis of the liver
- You have not had bariatric weight loss surgery in the past
- You are between the ages of 18 and 70
Washington University Bariatric Physicians
Contact Us for Weight Loss Treatment
For more information, please call 314-454-7224.
Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital is conveniently located just one mile west of I-270 in Creve Coeur, Missouri — a west county suburb of St. Louis.
Get directions and maps.