While planning for your upcoming outpatient surgery or admission to Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital, it is important to know what to bring to ensure an efficient admission process. Whether you have pre-registered via telephone, or are completing your admission paperwork when you arrive, remember to bring the following:
- a photo ID, such as a driver's license, state ID or passport
- your medical insurance information, including all your insurance cards and any other authorization forms required by your insurer
- your Social Security Card
- the name, address and phone number of your primary care physician
- a complete listing of medications you are currently taking - both prescription and over-the-counter medications
- medical records, reports or diagnostic results your physician gave you to bring to the hospital
- telephone numbers where your emergency contacts can be reached if necessary
- you will submit any needed co-pay, so please bring a method of payment
If you know you will be admitted to the hospital, personal items from home, such as glasses, books or pajamas can help make your stay more comfortable. Please limit your personal items. This makes it easier to keep track of your possessions and helps with space concerns in patient rooms.
It is very important that you arrive at your scheduled time. If you will be late or you cannot keep your surgery appointment, please notify the scheduling desk at 314.996.8480.
Please review the HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices and Patient Rights and Responsibilities, but copies will be provided to you when you arrive.