The Siteman Cancer Center and Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital are providing free head and neck cancer screenings to those with increased risk factors.
Regardless of your age, tobacco (including smokeless tobacco) and alcohol use are the most significant risk factors for head and neck cancers. These substances when used together will put a person at a greater risk. Over the past decade, an increasing number of cases have also been attributed to the human papillomavirus, or HPV.
WHO SHOULD BE SCREENED
If you answer YES to one or more of the following you are a candidate for this screening:
WHAT TO EXPECT AT THIS SCREENING
Upon arrival you will fill out some paperwork and be escorted into a waiting area.
Coffee, tea and water will be available.
When a physician is available, you will be taken into a private room where an otolaryngologist will visually and physically check the ear, nose, throat and neck area for any signs of cancer. No diagnostic tests (scopes, x-rays etc.) will be performed.
You will spend about 10 to 15 minutes with the doctor, but may be at the event for approximately 1 hour.
This screening is not for neurological or scalp problems.
Participants will receive a copy of their screening form. It is up to the patient to mail the screening form to their physician so it can be placed in their personal medical record.
For your convenience, this event will be held in two locations. When you call to register, please indicate which date you prefer.
- Date: Saturday, September 21
- Time: Multiple times may be available
- Location: Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital Siteman Cancer Center, Medical Office Building 2.
- Address:10 Barnes West Drive, Creve Coeur, MO 63141 | Map & Directions
- Date: Sunday, September 22
- Time: Multiple times may be available.
- Location: Siteman Cancer Center – South County
- Address: 5225 Midamerica Plaza, St. Louis, MO 63129 | Map & Directions
For additional questions or to register by phone, please call 314.542.WEST (9378) or toll-free at 844.542.9378.