Visiting the hospital as a patient or a visitor can be stressful. Knowing where to go and what to expect can help. That's why we provide you with as much information upfront as possible.
At Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital, a member of BJC HealthCare, we offer world-class health care that extends beyond the latest amenities and technologies. It begins with a caring staff focused on the overall well-being of our patients and visitors. We strive to ensure that your stay or visit with us is as comfortable and convenient as possible. Our first step is to give you the information you need.
Navigating the health care process can be confusing but Barnes-Jewish is here to help you every step of the way. You can find everything you need to know before, during and after your stay on the Patient Information page. Look for:
- Packing and registration information on Preparing for Your Stay
- Meal options and questions to ask your doctor on During Your Stay
- How to get your medication, options for sports and physical therapy, and information on BJC Home Care Services on After Your Stay
Is a friend or family member a patient at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital? You’ll find our visiting guidelines, as well as where to stay, eat and purchase gifts and flowers on the Visitor Information page.
Visiting Hours and Guidelines
It’s important that our patients have quiet and peaceful surroundings to encourage healing. However, we also understand that having loved ones visit is equally important for the recovery process. That’s why Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital allows family, friends, significant others — and anyone else the patient wants to see — to visit at any time. Of course, children are welcome as well, but must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Quiet hours are 10 p.m.–4 a.m. We ask that visitors behave accordingly.
- How to get your medication, options for sports and physical therapy, and information on BJC Home Care Services on After Your Stay.
- For the health or all our patients and team members, Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital is a smoke-free campus.
- Visitors may not use patient bathrooms.
- Staff may ask visitors to step out of the patient room to provide care occasionally.
- Guests who have had a fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat, vomiting or diarrhea in the last 48 hours are discouraged from visiting.
Conveniently located just one mile west of I-270 on Olive Boulevard in Creve Coeur, Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital includes multiple medical office buildings. Convenient and ample surface parking is free of charge, with handicapped-accessible parking at all entrances. You can find all the building locations, addresses, the campus map and parking guide on Location and Directions.
Need Your Medical Records?
Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital and all BJC hospitals, including Washington University physicians, use one patient portal, MyChart. MyChart enables you to securely manage and receive information about your health.
Medical imaging requests and access to other protected health information can be requested using these downloadable forms. If you have trouble, please call 314.273.1966 or 866.273.1966 or contact us for assistance.
Need a Medical Recommendation?
Unfortunately, we are unable to make medical recommendations without you scheduling a visit with a physician. A doctor will need to review your complete medical record and perform a physical exam before making a diagnosis or recommending a treatment plan. To begin that process, please contact your primary care physician or call BJC Physician Referral at 314.542.WEST (9378) or toll-free at 844.542.9378.
Questions and Comments
Contact us by submitting a question or comment or find the number you need in the phone directory for immediate assistance.