Help With Aging: Available at all STAR Locations
It is normal to lose strength and flexibility as you age. You may also develop conditions that cause pain. But you can do more than just accept these challenges.
With the help of our therapists, you can find relief from your pain, strengthen your bones and muscles, and regain your mobility. You can continue living independently and doing the things you need to, as well as the things you love. We will help you achieve your goals.
Why Choose STAR for Help with Aging?
Perhaps you were hospitalized or housebound from a medical condition and need to regain strength and mobility. Or maybe you have a problem common among all ages, such as a sprain, tear or painful knee or back. If it is treatable with physical therapy, we can help.
Our program provides:
- Experienced therapists: Many of our therapists have years of experience, while others have advanced degrees.
- Tailored plans: Exercise plays a key role in many people’s recovery. We work with you to develop a safe and effective exercise plan that accounts for your preferences and personal needs. We work at your pace and with your goals in mind.
- Comprehensive approach: We care for your body and your mind. We take the time to discuss your daily routine, as well as the things you like to do. We work with you to determine where we can help.
Learn more about the benefits of choosing STAR sports therapy and physical therapy.
Geriatric Conditions We Treat
We care for common bone and muscle problems found in people of all ages. We also provide specialized treatment for conditions that show up more frequently as you grow older:
We can help when osteoarthritis breaks down the cartilage in your joints, causing pain, swelling and loss of mobility. We can relieve symptoms and help you stay active with exercises to improve strength, range of motion and endurance.
We help you correct problems with your posture, also known as postural dysfunction. The goal is avoiding unusual body positions that stress your joints, vertebrae and muscles.
Our resistance and strength training can help you fight the natural decline in muscle mass and function that begins in middle age.
Stroke and Parkinson Disease
Our therapy can help after you suffer a mild or moderate stroke, or when you have mild or moderate Parkinson’s disease. We work on balance, coordination, muscle tone and the use of limbs to increase function and lower fall risk. We encourage you to remain active.
Other Services We Provide
We provide a range of additional services to help with age-related challenges:
- Fall Risk and Recovery Program
- Osteoporosis care
- Physical therapy for cancer
- Physical therapy after joint replacement
- Treatment for pelvic pain and incontinence after menopause
To learn more about our services or make an appointment, please call a STAR location:
- Chesterfield — Washington University and Barnes-Jewish Orthopedic Center: 314.514.3636
- Creve Coeur — Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital: 314.996.3050
- South County — Center for Advanced Medicine: 314.286.1000