- Pre & Post-surgical rehabilitative massage;
- Fascial Manipulation for the treatment of musculoskeletal dysfunction and pain;
- Myofascial Release.
- A collaborative approach to care and treatment with physicians and physical therapist for an integrative plan of care.
- Orthopedic rehabilitation and soft tissue mobilization to decrease pain, improve range of motion, scar management and nerve function.
Mary has completed specialized training in Fascial Manipulation for musculoskeletal dysfunction, which involves deep friction mobilization techniques over specific points of deep muscular connective tissue to re-establish normal movement and gliding of the tissue for correct muscular activity and nerve function. Myofascial Release relaxes contracted fascia and muscles, improves blood and lymphatic circulation and stimulates the stretch reflex in muscles.
Mary Bouse joined Barnes Jewish West County Hospital in 2014 with previous eight years of experience in rehabilitation, hospice care, pre & post-natal yoga, and massage in clinical settings. She received her national licensure in massage therapy in 2002 with specialized training in myofascial release and craniosacral somatic therapy. She is certified yoga instructor with training in therapeutic and breath centric movements utilizing the power of the mind, body and breath to reduce stress, improve health and assist in deep relaxation.
- Licensed Massage Therapist
- American Massage Therapy Association
- E-RYT Yoga Alliance
Insurance does not cover the cost of massage therapy treatment.
Learn more about massage therapy treatments, techniques and cost.